FOR TODAY

Outside my window... grey, with the chance of rain

I am thinking...

I am thankful ... that everyone in my family is healthy

From the kitchen... A breakfast of coffee and french toast made from left over homemade cinnamon bread. Lots of leftovers... two containers of collards cooked with smoked ham hocks, a bowl of oatmeal raisin cookies, roast beef , rice and gravy and a dozen buns stuffed with a seasoned ground beef. Yummy.

I am wearing...a very pale pink nightgown with black tendrils, leaves and small flowers. Also my new cozy moccasin slippers.

I am creating... nothing for a few days

I am going ... nowhere today.

I am reading ... A very old book that my grandmother gave me long ago "Miss Parloa's New Cook Book and Marketing Guide" (1880)

I am hoping...

I am hearing... cars driving on the street, fox news on the television.

Around the house... It's decorated for Autumn. Dried leaves, little pumpkins and gourds...The side board is also filled with a bumper crop of garden harvest... pie pumpkins and winter squash.

One of my favorite things ... My spice racks and bottles. I use many kinds of spices when I cook. These 32 bottles are the spices that I use the most. I have some others in the pantry.

Photobucket

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Here is picture for I am sharing... This strange fruit (vegetable) showed up in my pepper/ eggplant bed. I've never seen this before.

Photobucket


You can read about the lives of other wonderful women at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular Posts