Autumn is for Apple Bread

I was married in the Spring. It was my favorite season. I think it still is. The promise of future harvests, the colors of spring flowers, birds singing ... As I get older, I do appreciate and love Autumn more; blue skies and crunchy piles of leaves, the cool days along with abundant harvests. I have a bushel of apples and a cold drafty old house. Is there a better way to warm up a kitchen than popping some apple bread into the oven?

Photobucket

APPLE BREAD

Ingredients

3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups diced apples
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon flour

Directions

Mix flour, cinnamon, soda, salt and baking powder together.

Beat eggs and add sugar and oil.

Add vanilla and dry ingredients.

Stir in apples.

Mix walnuts in a tsp of flour and add to batter.

Pour into 2 greased loaf pans 0r 4 mini loaf pans.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Comments

Popular Posts