Seeds

A few years ago I seldom started plants from seed. Oh I would do the usual vegetables, corn, peas, beans, and lettuce. As for flowers, maybe some nasturtium, alyssum and larkspur.

Now I start almost anything I want from seed. A few years ago I learned about winter sowing. Last year I started almost 200 different kinds of vegetables and flowers using this method. I cut back this year. It's a method of starting seeds in containers like plastic soda and milk cartons. And you can do this in the middle of winter. Here is a picture of some of wintersown plants still in their containers.

Photobucket

I have started tomatoes, broccoli and cabbage, lettuce, strawberries and many kinds of flowers by wintersowing. Here are onions that are ready for transplanting.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts