Crafts and Dinner

It was a beautiful sunny morning again. I never did get into the hot tub yesterday, Walt slept past 9am and when he finally got out of bed, the weather changed, the sky was grey and it was colder. The moment was gone. Today is another day. I went to Johanna Fabric and bought some remnants - more flannel for the scrappy quilt, several half yards of various calicos for a future project, a yard each of blue and orange ribbon (school colors) for Katie's hair, some spare bobbins, a package of red buttons for crafting and a skein of cotton "sugar and cream" cotton yarn. When I got back home I cleaned up the downstairs, put a fresh tablecloth on the table set out the centerpiece of fresh mini red carnations and baby's breath, Then Katie and I made a quick valentines decoration from buttons, paddle wire and a scrap of calico for a bow.

Photobucket

Now time to plan a special dinner. I have a 50 lb. bag of red potatoes in the root cellar, So we had boiled potatoes with parley butter, steamed cauliflower and green peas and Basil Pork Chops. I found this recipe on Mommy What's For Dinner.

Basil Pork Chops


Ingredients:
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)

directions:
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, basil, salt and chili powder. Gradually stir in 1 tablespoon oil until crumbly. Rub over both sides of pork chops.
In a large skillet, cook pork in remaining oil over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.

Servings: 4
Time to Prepare: 25 minutes

Comments:
Be careful not to scorch the sugar! This is surprisingly good. My first taste I thought the basil might be overwhelming but by the second bite, I decided that it was "spot on". Try this if you are looking for something different.

Comments

Popular Posts