A Simple Woman's Daybook -March 2, 2010

FOR TODAY~ March 2, 2010

Photobucket

Outside my Window...Grey, A typical Mohawk Valley March Day. There is a pair of little birds, I believe they are starting to build a nest. They keep flying into the same spot in the branches of the tree at the end of my driveway.

I am thinking... About spring and planting seeds...must wintersow.

I am thankful for… being able to stay home, so I have time to bake and preserve food, and well practice some homesteading/homemaking skills.

From the kitchen... A poolish that I made last night, I will turn it into several loaves of bread soon, a big chicken defrosting for tonight's dinner Also, the remains of Katie's and Davids breakfast, eggs and fried potatoes. The potatoes are my own home canned local potatoes, and a big pot of coffee.

I am creating... bright dishcloths.

Photobucket

I am going... Nowhere I hope. I'd like to finish my projects. However most likely Walt will call me and ask me to run errands.. He usually does.

I am wearing... I'm still in my "jammies", actually a sweet pale pink nightgown, with a small black floral print.

I am reading... The Morning Paper, The Farmhouse Cookbook, and A Jung Seed Catalog.

Photobucket

I am hoping... Still hoping CDP will come through.

I am hearing... cars driving by, a few birds tweeting, and the Today Show on the TV.

Around the house... A clean kitchen and several piles of laundry to fold and put way.

One of my favorite things... bird houses. I found this on sale.

Photobucket

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... MUST WINTERSOW, must prune grapes, should bake bagles.

Here is a picture I am sharing with you...

Photobucket TWEET!

If you would like to read what other women have written in their daybooks you can do so by visiting
The Simple Woman's Daybook.com

Comments

lisa said…
seed catalogs are my favorite read this time of year! I'm glad I happened across your blog... lots of good stuff!

Popular Posts