It was 22 degrees this morning here at the homestead. Walt dutifully went out to do a quick snow blowing while I put together breakfast. He requested pancakes this morning but I was tired of dipping into my buckwheat pancake mix. It was time for something new. As I still have almost a bushel of apples waiting to be canned I decided to make ...
Gluten Free Apple Oat Pancakes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup instant oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 peeled apple, grated
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons honey or any kind of sweetener
- 2 tablespoons oil,
- First, heat a large pan to medium heat. Then, spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Then add the wet ingredients.
- Using a ¼ to ⅓ measuring cup, scoop batter onto pan. Let cook for about a minute to a minute and a half per side