FOR TODAY, December 13, 2010

Outside my window
...the snow has melted. This bout 34 degrees but expected to get colder. It's quite grey.

I am thinking...about my christmas list. We don.t really begin Christmas shopping until December. So there is so many things I have to buy.

I am thankful for...Danny's new job. he's been working 40 hr a week at Walmart - as a cart wrangler. It's been hard on him but he's managing.

From the kitchen...so many wonderful things. Left overs from Sunday dinner. Roast Herb Chicken, mashed potato and gravy, meatballs and gravy, candied garden carrots, mixed (frozen) veggies and there is still a piece of apple pie. The apple pie was made with my own canned apples. There are also batches of christmas cookies.

I am wearing...a pale yellow cotton nighty and my cozy slippers.

I am creating... back to the scrappy quilt. It's now partly completed... large enough to be a lap quilt. It's heavy and warm.

I am going... Christmas shopping. I haven't started yet.

I am reading..."Broke" by Glenn Beck

I am hoping...

I am hearing...not much, I like early morning when it's fairy quiet. i hear an occasional car drive by and the hum of the computer.

Around the house...It's looking like Christmas. The tree is up and decorated. A strand of lights are on the small maple tree at the end of the driveway.

One of my favorite things... The "smells" of the Christmas seaon. Ginger and Cinnamon, Orange peel,cookies baking in the oven. Balsam from the fresh cut tree.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Canning Chicken breast, driving to the potato farmer to buy a 50 pound bag or two of local potatoes.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

ou can read about the lives of other wonderful woman at
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular Posts