Today while the blossoms still cling to the vines

Today while the blossoms still cling to the vines, I'll taste your strawberries, I'll drink your sweet wine.
A million tomorrows shall all pass away, ere I'll forget all the joy that is mine today.

This is part of a song I learned back in high school. I sing it sometimes especially when I'm berry picking. Now I have another reason to sing it. Walt and I have finally taken the first steps to making wine. Blackberry wine. I picked about 30 pounds of berries. After giving some away and eating some, we still had 20 pounds. So, I took a trip to Bear Pond Winery to buy some basic supplies.

I have some food grade buckets that I obtained from the bakery department of a grocery store. I crushed the berries, added a packet of wine yeast and it's been sitting in my dining room fermenting.

Comments

Popular Posts