simple womands daybook 8/5

Photobucket

FOR TODAY - I spent the night at camp(cabin ). It's only a half hour drive so I can get there at any time

Outside my window... a beautiful view - In between the trees I see the lake showded in fog

I am thinking...about all the things I have to harvest and
put up. Berries for jelly and cordial,- tomatoes, peppers and onions for sauce and salsa, zuchinne for zuchinni bread Also some eggplant, beans and broccoli.

I am thankful for... .My camp. It's only a half hour away so I can get there whenever I want. I want swimming last evening-in the twilight. Slid my cloths off and dove into the mirror like water. I heard few other sounds except for an occasional sound of laughter from a distant camp and the cry of the lone loon. Refreshed , I wrapped myself in a large towel, dried off and made my way in the dark back to the cabin.

From the kitchen... leftover chicken Ciaccatorri made with peppers, onions, garlic and tomatoes from the garden, Five Gallons of blackberry wine fermenting. A peck basket full of garden tomatoes waiting to be canned. A big bowl of wild blackberries to be made into cordial.


I am wearing... a nightgown and cotton blend nightgown - pale pink with a fine black print. A soft short cotton bathrobe - grey and white. The robe was a Mother's Day gift from my husband, for me to wear when I "camping".


I am creating... Sewing things for camp. Two pillowcases trimmed with lace and a large balsam pillow. The Adirondack are know among other things for the scent of balsam wafting on occasional breezes. Our cabin is a bit musty smelling, so curling up with a book or taking a nap with a balsam pillow nearby is so nice.

I am going... Home soon. I'd love to stay, but I have chores waiting for me.

I am reading... Bradford Angiers "Feasting Free on Wild Edibles" Mother Earth News, Adirondack Life

I am hoping...That we can get in one last road trip before the kids go back to school.

I am hearing... A Loon cry.

Around the house... I sould say... around the cabin... It's comfortable and clean (more or less) I have been decorating and it's with a Adirondack Style and its starting to look nice.

One of my favorite things... coming across wildlife when I'm paddling. hiking or foraging. Did this bear want the same blueberries I was after.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Hopefully Matt will take us White Water Rafting. I must also make blackberry cordial and Annie's Salsa and finish the pillows for camp.

Here is picture I am sharing...Photobucket

Read about other womens lives at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular Posts