A simple Woman's Daybook -August 23, 2010

Photobucket

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...A nice late summer morning, crisp and bright.

I am thinking... happy thoughts.

I am thankful for... the camp I inherited from my mother. How wonderful it is to get away in the solitude of nature. Swim when and where I like without big brother (a ranger or life guard) saying I can't.

From the kitchen...left over chicken, rotini romalade, and brownies from yesterday's dinner, zucchini candy, bowls of elderberries and chokecherries for winemaking, peck baskets of tomatoes, a windfall bushel of apples, and pepper-steak with rice for lunch.

I am wearing... a blue and black sleeveless pull over dress, deck shoes

I am creating... cloth gift bags to hold champaign - client gifts.

I am going... shopping for school clothes and supplies

I am reading... the Utica daily newspaper, winemaking websites and forums

I am hoping...that more of the country will wake up and see that our liberties are being taken away from us, that this country is being fundamentally transformed to something they won't recognize as the USA

I am hearing... Glenn Beck on the radio, the sound of my son Danny vacuuming a back room, Katie and David helping to clean and de-clutter the house.

Around the house... the clutter of too many harvest projects and laundry piling up from a busy summer schedule.

One of my favorite things... scented roses. A few years ago my brother and sister-in -law gave us a dozen or more David Austin Roses. I am dehydrating some petals foe herbal tea.

Photobucket

A few plans for the rest of the week: Canning more roasted tomato garlic soup, picking elderberries and going with the family to The 8-28 rally at the Lincoln Memorial.

Here is picture I am sharing... the kids and friends having fun with rope swing at the lake.
Photobucket

You can read the daybooks of other women here.

Comments

Popular Posts