I found the Simple Woman's Daybook online and enjoyed reading about other woman's daily lives. Photobucket

FOR TODAY - Tuesday April 13, 2010

Outside my window... Blue Sky and spring flowers blooming.

I am thinking... About our upcomming trip to Florida. We will be leaving in a few days and there is so much to do. Select the new preowed car to buy, make a hotel reservations,Get rid of laundry mountain, buy food and sunscreen, pack.

I am thankful for... A beautiful crisp cold February day with a blue sky. That we have a good contract with RA. That I did put away food for the slow months ( Feb, Mar. etc) my freezer is full, I have jars of veggies, meat , and fruits that I canned and I have extra cans, boxes and packages of things that we use often.

From the kitchen... seasoned with sea salt, some peppercorns, two bay leaves and some fresh lemon thyme and parsley sprigs I found i Photobucket

I am wearing...My only pair of jeans, my favorite old sweater with 3/4 length sleeves, maroon slippers and my silver "special" necklace that I wear most of the time.

I am creating... Still working on making a Scrappy Flannel Quilt. I may also take some time to make a Valentines day decoration or treat. Also working on photoshopping "botanical prints" from the wild flower photos I took last year.

I am going... to the hot tub with Walt soon. We don't get into the hot tub too often and certainly not much during the day. But Walt has been working hard long hours on the Security System installation at R.A. - today is an "at the office" day for him an we have blue skys which is not very common in the Mohawk Valley. Time to enjoy one of the simple pleasure of life. Then off to spend time at the office to finish the books and to learn how to use the recorder that we bought for our client's new security system.

I am reading... too many things... other blogs, seed catalogs, Mother Earth News, the local paper and The Adirondack Almanac.

I am hoping... That the economy won't be as bad as I think it may get.

I am hearing... not much, the normal hous humming and the sound of cars driving by ... all else is quiet.

Around the house... Katie is sick, David is off to school , Danny and Walt are still sleeping.I'm planning my day and menu.

One of my favorite things... watching birds at the feeders.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I hope to can 20 lbs. of dry pinto beans ( I found them for 50¢ a lb. at Hannaford. Planning on working on the company books and helping Walt with the security system.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Photobucket Taken on a trip to Boonville NY with my daughter Katie.

Comments

Popular Posts