Eat Fresh

Yesterday, I visited a small farm. We were there for more than an hour talking about raising sheep and goats and knowing where your food comes from.

Yesterday, I fixed a nice S-L-O-W cooked meal.
Pulled pork ( made from a pork shoulder roast that was on sale -48 ¢/ lb- I bought a $3.00 piece) That was boiled with cloves and peppercorns shredded then a sauce made from honey, ACV, lots of fresh minced garlic, some ketchup , some sweet baby rays sauce and a TBS hot sauce and salt. That was served on my own "hamburger buns". I made the dough in the morning and let it do a slow rise in the fridge - when I got home from the farm, I shaped 12 large pieces into generous rolls. Then a quick rise then pop in a hot (550 degree oven) They quickly rose filled the house with the aroma of fresh baked bread.

Comments

Popular Posts