Dark Days

Years ago I came across some blog posts about "Dark Days". The bloggers would challege themselves and others not spend and use up pantry items during Jan. and Feb. And every year since, we've tried to step up to that challenge.  This February, we've been drinking our own wines and juices, And pull many jars from our basement food storage. We drink lots of tea with our own honey any fetch meat, fruit and veg that we've stashed in "freezer camp". We eat very well and I like not having to go out for supplies before or during a storm. A few days ago I took yearly inventory and discovered a case of home canned hash (yea! I thought we ate the last jar last week) Now I know what to be frugal with (green beans) and what to eat alot of (peaches).

Today is March 1st and Dark Days are over for this year but we will still be eating from the food storage as much as we can.

Comments

ss said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts