FEELING CRAFTY

I love my camp in the Adirondacks. It's comfortable and rustic. It's been neglected for a few years. I've been cleaning and decorating it - "Adirondack Style". I have been wanting to sew a quilt, pillows, etc. for camp so I've been collecting fabric. I started stitching this quilt top.

Photobucket

I was telling my sister-in-law Sue about my plans and she gifted me with a large pile of fabric pieces. This is just some of what she gave me.


Photobucket

In the pile was a flower garden piece that caught my eye. I selected two pieces one for a reverse and another to make a bias tape. I cut up a old towel for "batting" and quickly sewed a "table topper" for a small dresser that sits on our back porch.
Photobucket


Photobucket

By the way, I bought a small wire basket for $1, and filled it with things that we may need when we work outside including sunscreen and insect repellent.

The table top so inspired me that I rooted around in the fabric and came up with another combination that I'm turning into a pillow for camp. Here is what I've stitched so far.

Photobucket

I recently pulled out my knitting needles and yarn to work on making more dishcloths.


Photobucket

I need to finish up a "Bee Hat". I bought this straw hat for $3 at a "dollar store". I'm sewing black tulle around the brim for a makeshift bee keepers hat.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts