The Simple Woman's Daybook 8-30

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...It's a cool refreshing morning with a blue sky.

I am thinking... about the "Restoring Honor Rally" that we attended. What an amazing event. The media did not get what was going on, why we were there. Not a political rally, not hijacking the civil rights movement, but a call for this country to return to prayer, to God to it's Judeo-Christian root and values.

I am thankful for... grace and salvation though the Lord Jesus Christ.

From the kitchen... not much food because we returned from DC. But I do have some tomatoes to can and elderberries in the freezer.

I am wearing...a green sleeveless knit dress and am barefoot

I am creating... I'm sewing little cotton bags to hold gifts of champagne for our CDP clients.

I am going...Elderberry picking. I want to make elderberry wine, elderberry syrup and elderberry pie. I need at least 40 pound of the cleaned fruit

I am reading... the morning paper, and a biography of Jonathan Edwards, the 17th century preacher

I am hoping...that I will be able to pick some tomatoes at Candella farm. The U-pick prices are better that the prices of a b bushel of tomatoes.

I am hearing...a blue Jay

Around the house...some clutter from the trip, piles of laundry to be washed, dishes in the sink and several newspapers in the living-room

One of my favorite things.. essential oils. One of the ways I use them is to put a few drops on a small corner of a paper towel and feed it to the vacuum cleaner. Makes m look forward to cleaning.

A few plans for the rest of the week...make elderberry wine, process the windfall apples.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Photobucket

A picture from the "Restoring Honor Rally", 500,000 people attended this event at the foot of the lincoln memorial.

YOU CAN READ ABOUT OTHER THE LIVES OF OTHER WOMEN HERE AT THE SIMPLE WOMEN'S DAYBOOK


Comments

Popular Posts